There are so many opportunities for you to enjoy the new Magic: The Gathering expansion, Amonkhet!
First up we have a complete list of the upcoming events and following that we provide some further descriptions just in case you want more details on the individual events.
You can click on any of the links for more information. The links will also take you to the relevant pages to reserve tickets for events like the Amonkhet Pre-releases.
- Open House: Saturday, April 15th starting at 12:00 pm
- Midnight Pre-Release: Friday, April 21st at Midnight (Technically 12:01 am April 22nd)/Packs for All Prizing Format
- Pre-Release Event #2: Saturday, April 22nd at 10:00 am/Sealed Box Prizing
- Pre-Release Event #3: Sunday, April 23rd at 10:00 am/Packs for All Prizing Format
- Draft Weekend Event #1: Saturday, April 29th at 4:00 pm [Amonkhet Booster Draft]
- Draft Weekend Event #2: Sunday, April 30th at 12:00 pm [Amonkhet 2-Headed Giant Draft]
- Magic League (Amonkhet Season): Tuesdays starting May 2nd – May 23rd
- Amonkhet Standard Showdown: Sundays starting May 7th – July 2nd [No Showdown on May 21st]
- Amonkhet Game Day: Saturday, May 20th at 10:00 am
That’s a whole lot of Magic fun! We hope to see you at some or all of these awesome events. Read on for more information about each of the event types:
Amonkhet Open House [Saturday, April 15th from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm]
This is a free event where new players are encouraged to attend free teaching sessions from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Our resident Magic experts will provide new players with decks and teach them the game. Veteran players are encouraged to come out to enjoy casual league style play throughout the day. All participants, new and veteran, will receive special promotional cards.
After the teaching sessions are done, all players are invited to stick around and enjoy some casual league-style play from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm!
Amonkhet Pre-Release Events [April 22nd-23rd]
Once you’ve brushed up on your skills during the Open House, it is time to get ready for our Amonkhet Pre-Release events!
Pre-release events are sealed format events.
For your entry fee of $30.00 you receive:
- 6 Amonkhet booster packs
- Randomized date-stamped premium promo card
- Spindown life counter
- The Five Trials of the Gods card to complete for rewards
- Insert with deck-building advice
We have two prizing formats for our pre-release events:
- Packs for All Prizing: These tournaments last for four rounds of Swiss Play. Participants in this format win one Amonkhet pack for each round they score a match win. Even if a player wins no matches, they will still receive one extra pack. [Players with undefeeated records will walk away with a total of 4 extra packs.]
- Sealed Box Prizing: The number of rounds for this tournament is determined by the number of participants. 1st place receives a sealed booster box of Amonkhet! Extra packs are awarded to other players based on the final standings. The more players that participate, the further down the standings we are able to prize.
In addition to the extra packs of Amonkhet you can win at each event, we will also be awarding cool door prizes to randomly selected participants. Door prizes include, but are not limited to, promotional posters and standees from previous Magic: The Gathering sets!
Follow any of the three links below to reserve your spot in your preferred pre-release events:
- Friday, April 21st at Midnight (Technically 12:01 am April 22nd)/Packs for All Prizing Format
- Saturday, April 22nd at 10:00 am/Sealed Box for 1st Place
- Sunday, April 23rd at 10:00 am/Packs for All Prizing Format
Amonkhet Draft Weekend [April 29th-30th]
Amonkhet Draft Weekend is your chance to build up your Amonkhet collection while enjoying draft format play with the local Magic community! Not only that, for each draft weekend event you participate in you will receive a special dated foil promo card!
The Draft Weekend events are:
- Event 1: Saturday, April 29th at 4:00 pm.
- Entry: $15.00 per player
- Format: Booster draft tournament.
- 3 Rounds of Swiss Play
- Prizing includes Store Tournament Credit for top players
- Event 2: Sunday, April 30th at 12:00 pm
- Entry: $30.00 per 2-player team
- Format: Two-Headed Giant Draft
- Each team receives six packs and drafts together as teammates. This method of drafting results in packs being passed during six rounds of drafting. Participants draft in order to build their team’s card pool from which they construct two forty card minimum decks.
- After the draft phase, teams enjoy 3 Swiss rounds of 2-Headed Giant Fun.
Magic League: Amonkhet Season
Join the Fanfare Amonkhet League to play with other members of the Magic community and have some fun!
League play is a fun way to build up a collection of the new set and enjoy casual play.
The league will run on Tuesdays from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm starting on May 2nd and ending on May 23rd.
The Amonkhet League works as follows:
- Players may join the league at any time. The league will run for a 4 week period.
- To join the league, inform a Fanfare employee. You will then purchase 3 Amonkhet booster packs from which you can build a 30 card minimum deck (we provide land). In addition to the packs, you will also receive a special league card storage box and a league card to track your matches.
- Every week, players will add a booster pack to their pool, rebuilding as often as players would like. Players can also add a booster after three losses.
- Matches consist of a single game. Each player gets one free mulligan at the start of the game.
- Players will play against each other, earning Planeswalker Points and, of course, bragging rights.
- Players that participate in 10+ games will receive a special Amonkhet 4-sided die!
- Additional prizes will be awarded for most new player referrals and at random.
Standard Showdown Sundays [Free Events!]
Standard Showdowns are free Standard Format tournaments where you can win special promotional Standard Showdown booster packs!
These events will be held on Sundays at 12:00 pm between May 7th and July 2nd.
[Please note: There is no Standard Showdown event on the Sunday of May 21st]
For these events players can win Standard Showdown Promotional Packs for the following achievements:
- 1: Going undefeated for 3 rounds (8-16 players) or 4 rounds (16+ players)
- 2: Having attended the previous Showdown (not available for the 1st event on May 7th)
- 3: Being a player new to Magic Tournaments
- 4: Bringing a player new to Magic Tournaments.
Each week up to 9 packs will be awarded with priority prizing being weighted from achievements 1 to 4 (achievement 1 being weighted the most, then 2, etc…).
This is a FREE event! Grab your deck, come out and have some fun!
Amonkhet Game Day [Saturday, May 20th at 10:00 am]
Bring your best Standard deck and compete to become the Game Day Champion of Fanfare. Top finishers earn special prizes, including full-art promo cards and a playmat for the winner. All participants receive a special promo card!
Game Day is a Sanctioned Standard Constructed Tournament.
The event will run Swiss rounds with a cut to the top 8 players.
The number of Swiss rounds will be based upon the number of participants.
The top 8 players will receive an extra special promo foil full art card in addition to the aforementioned participation card.
Store credit will also be awarded based on participation.